I'm in Iraq. Mosul. So uninteresting means: every once in a while the room shakes from a VBIED (vehicle borne improvised explosive device... it's a carbomb with a suicidal prick in it...) blowing up somewhere in the city, but otherwise I'm just doing my thing. I'd tell you what "my thing" is, but then I'd have to kill you... and those who already know what it is, know it's not that 'gee whiz.'
I just switched over to the night shift at my work which means it's a lot more calm and laid back which is a nice change. Part of my job is to write up a little mini-report on all significant activity that's worth passing up to the regiment my battalion is attached to, then they pass it up higher and higher until it's so high up there that no one really knows what it's talking about anyway. On the day shift I'd written up some odd 576 or so of these things, while my night time counterpart had done something along the lines of 60. I didn't want to hog all the clerical glory!
I guess this'll do for a first post. I think comments are enabled/allowed or whatever, so if you think I should put something in particular here I'll see what I can do about it. For now, have a picture of a dust storm in the lovely Ninewah province (then see Title:)

4 comments:
pretty interesting it's still pretty clear. looks like a photoshop filter.
You dare accuse me of photoshopping orange moon dust! Hah. Yeah, it does look that way. I hadn't noticed it's almost like a foggy sepia filter. But nope, that's pure dust. Not the gritty kind, it makes more of a slime when it's wet.
are thoes up armored porta craps
Those are not armored. Their main strength lies in the smell.
Post a Comment